Below you'll find recent contributions related to Jerome a Paris's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Why Baltimore's past matters; Is ISIS really on the run?
Molly Redden at Mother Jones writes Want an Abortion This Year? Get Ready to Wait : For women seeking an abortion, 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the long wait. Since the beginning of the year,
|Open thread for night owls. Do progressives need to make better emotional ties when organizing?
Excerpted by Alternet from Michael Bader'...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Lynch and the power of black women, SD polygamists seek water
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Super El Niño forms, oil & gas drilling damage, wind power soars
Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, one of the strongest storms ever in the region.
|Open thread for night owls: FAIR takes on economist pundit who disappeared economist critics of TPP
At Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, Jim Naureckaswrites NYT Lets Economic Pundit Disappear TPP’s Economist Critics : The New York Times (4/24/15) handed its readers an exploding cigar this ...
|DOT issues oil-train rules. Industry objects. Other critics say rules too weak and deadline too slow
Oil train derailment Feb. 15 near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. The Obama ...
|Midday open thread: Tesla home battery unveiled, 1 in 6 species at risk, where's Aaron Schock?
On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...
|Open thread for night owls: A condensed look at what Bernie Sanders thinks on some issues
What Bernie Sanders thinks , as compiled by Andrew Prokip at Vox. I've included paragraphs on five subjects, with only subheads for the rest: Move to a single-payer health care system The ...
|Bernie Sanders for Our President: Contribution Match (with new morning match!)
The day has finally arrived! Bernie Sanders has announced that he's running for president, to save the country and the Democratic party. He's a brave man with a big heart, a sharp mind and ...
|Wind energy association's first-quarter report offers reasons for optimism
The American Wind Energy Association has released its report for the first quarter of 2015, and it's quite encouraging. Indeed, for those of ...
|Rand Paul's advisers explain to him why joking about riots might be bad
And just think, it's only April. Of 2015.
|Midday open thread: Who asked leniency for Petraeus? Initial claims for jobless comp at 15-year low
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem :
|Mike Huckabee: Supreme Court 'cannot overrule God'
American Taliban It's the ...
|Chances of ending federal executions diminished with Eric Holder's departure
Eric Holder was conducting a review of the death penalty, but it ...
|Ted Cruz says Barack Obama has 'inflamed racial tensions'
Makes Sarah Palin look like an intellectual.
|Marco Rubio sought 'leniency' for Corinthian Colleges last year
For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...
|Open thread for night owls: Martin Luther King Jr. quotes the traditional media won't cite
M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Cities engage on climate change, anger translator, extreme weather
Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the ...
|Midday open thread: GDP growth 0.2%, Nevadans back 'net metering' that boosts rooftop solar
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Satire to die for :
|Senate kills amendment that would have made Iran agreement a treaty. Condoleezza Rice helps
Condoleeza Rice says the Iran deal is "classically an executive agreement and doesn't need to be a treaty... " The Senate voted 39-57 Tuesday night for an amendment that would have required the ...
|Texas Republican ties gay marriage to Baltimore riots
Oh no, the horror. And so on.
|Open thread for night owls. Reich: Why so many Americans feel powerless
Robert Reich writes Why So Many Americans Feel So Powerless : As I travel around America, I’m struck by how utterly powerless most people feel. The companies we work for, the businesses we buy ...
|Recycled Solar: Double-Glazed Solar Hot Cap Cloche
I was cleaning out my storeroom the other day and came across another recycled solar device that I was fooling with a few years ago. A one liter clear plastic bottle makes a good hot cap or cloche ...
|Clean-up, curfew and more from Baltimore||Hunter||04/28/2015||22|
|Dept. of Ed gives dreadful advice to Corinthian students: Transfer to other for-profit colleges
One of Corinthian Colleges' for-profit campuses. The drawn-out collapse of Corinthian Colleges was completed Sunday with the company's announcement that 28 of its campuses would be immediately ...
|Rand Paul passed through Baltimore: 'I'm glad the train didn't stop'
Oh, he's so funny . Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) weighed in on the turmoil in Baltimore on Tuesday,
|Midday open thread: Seminal R.I. wind farm starts construction, federal R&D spending keeps falling
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is To protect and to sever :
|Senate global warming deniers scheme to undermine Obama and wreck any Paris 2015 climate pact
Sen. Jim "Snowball" Inhofe, (R-Kochland) wants to wreck Obama's efforts on the Paris 2015 climate agreement. While right-wingers in Congress await the results ...
|Sen. Ted Cruz: 'Liberal fascism' is going after American Christians
I really have nothing to say here. The ...
|Rand Paul says overthrowing Hussein was a 'mistake'
I really wonder whether the Republican base can ...
Recommended by Jerome a Paris
- Below are cartoons drawn over the past several decades by Cabu, one of the most emblematic cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo (if not the most). Cabu was murdered along with his colleagues this past week. ...422 comments 683 Recs
- Yehuda Nir with his wife, Bonnie Maslin (click photo for larger version) Yehuda Nir died at the age of 84 on Saturday, peacefully and at home. He lived a remarkable life,150 comments 464 Recs
- On some future day in the not too distant future, the label of “Infoterrorist” will be affixed to all people who simply seek to expose what is true.37 comments 63 Recs
- January 25th is the sixth anniversary of the violent passing of a Manhattan office worker, Florence Cioffi. She was 59 years old, a few days short of her next birthday. The criminal responsible for ...72 comments 271 Recs
- Here's how many scientists published peer-reviewed articles denying climate change in the past year: [Writeshttp://grist.org/climate-energy/this-chart-makes-it-painfully-obvious-that-climate-...79 comments 238 Recs
- "If you prosecute a CEO or other senior executive and send him or her to jail for committing a crime, the deterrent effect in my view vastly outweighs even the best compliance program you can put in ...302 comments 520 Recs
- Yes, Mitch McConnell. IRS bureaucrats targeting "tea party"-related groups is a conspiracy. Everything is a conspiracy. Everything is a conspiracy meant to distract from all the other conspiracies,163 comments 124 Recs
- (Crossposted from FossilAgenda.com) I just finished reading a recent post authored by Meteor Blades, a Daily Kos editor who frequently writes about climate and the environment. He expounded upon ...15 comments 39 Recs
- Remember when you would go over to friends for a cookout and meet a couple of new people there and while knocking back a few beers the new acquaintance would say "So, what do you do?" and probably ...128 comments 197 Recs
- Texas Governor Rick Perry is 'extremely disgusted'. The Sacramento Bee , on Thursday, published a Jack Ohman editorial cartoon titled " Business in Texas ". The cartoon presents Perry standing at ...232 comments 845 Recs
Jerome a Paris's Tags
- No current results.